Friday 16 February 2018

Take It Make It Challenge: Winners Profile



Hello!

Welcome to our Winners Profile, showcasing the Design Winner of our last Blog Challenge!

The very talented Design Winner of our January 2018 challenge is:

Cathy Roffey



Cathy won the challenge with this stunning ATC. We loved that stunning crackle! The gorgeous background is topped off with that wonderful blue butterfly image, we were stunned this is the first ever ATC that Cathy had made!




We asked Cathy a few questions all about stamping (well, we are Craft Stamper after all!)



Q: How long have you been a stamper, and how did you get started?

A: I started stamping in the early 1990’s when my boys were young. I went to a stamp party with my sister and we were hooked! (I thought I’d save money by making my own cards!)


Q: What are your favourite kinds of stamps, and do you have a favourite stamp company?
A: I love butterfly stamps and have lots of them! They will all get used one day, although collecting them has become a bit of an obsession. No favourite company, I love them all!

 

Q: Describe your style, are you a messy kind of stamper or a more ‘clean and simple’ kind of person?

A: My style is clean and simple, although I’m dabbling more in mixed media and messy techniques and using them in CAS cards. Maybe it should be clean and complicated!



Q:What kind of projects do you like creating the most?

A: Cards, although I have played around with paper flowers, that’s a lot of fun too.



Q: Apart from stamps, what is the one product you wouldn’t be without when you craft?

A: My heat gun, use it on nearly every card as I love wet embossing.



We also asked Cathy to show us a couple of her favourite stamped creations,  and share why she likes them so much. Here are the gorgeous projects she has chosen:




“This card is one of my favourites as I love the sentiment and how the butterflies look like they’re fluttering!” - Cathy







“I was pleased with this design as the tissue paper and platinum embossing  made a great mixed media moon on such a CAS card” - Cathy



Congratulations on being our January Design Winner Cathy, and it was lovely to learn a little more about you!



Do YOU fancy having a winners profile all about you on the CS blog? 

The profile is part of the prize package for each Design Winner of our challenges. All you need to do is enter a creation into the challenge, then if you are voted Design Winner everyone will be reading all about you before you know it!

8 comments:

  1. Loved finding out a little more about Cathy. Love the style of Clean and complicated...I could buy into that x Stunning cards, so creative and loved the ATC that Cathy won with. Many congratulations Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol... clean and complicated... got it in one!!!.. absolutely perfect works of at... beauuuuuutiful. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to read about the winner and her point of view.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Cathy! Love that amazing crackle on her ATC. I often think that clean and complicated could describe my style too as I love trying out new techniques but don't like things that are overly fussy or too messy! Stef x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, Cathy! I love your CAS style with mixed media products. Your amazing mixed media ATC is absolutely Stunning and you are a well deserved winner. It was fun reading more about you too:-) Hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats Cathy!!! So happy for you to be featured here at Craft Stamper's Magazine. Your ATC is AMAZING!! Love the featured cards you've chosen as well. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pleased that you have featured Cathy and so well deserved with that gorgeous ATC, and two more fabulous cards of of hers on show too. x

    ReplyDelete