Friday 16 September 2016

Take It Make It Challenge: Winners Profile


Hello!

Welcome to our Winners Profile, showcasing the Design Winner of our last Blog Challenge!

The very talented Design Winner of our August 2016 challenge is

Loll Thompson



Loll won the challenge with this amazing card! We loved the amazing texture in the stencilled fern, a stunning focal point over the background colour.










We asked Loll a few questions all about stamping (well, we are Craft Stamper after all!)



Q: How long have you been a stamper, and how did you get started?

A: I’ve been making cards since about 2004. A few years before that, I was invited by a friend to attend a Stampin’ Up! Party.  I LOVED looking through their catalogue at all the amazing stamps, inks and variety of supplies.  I was mesmerized.  I bought a couple of stamps at that party and they sat for a while before I tried them out.  Once I did, I was hooked on stamping.  When I retired, I joined Splitcoaststampers on-line stamping community and that’s where I started posting my cards and learning all about different techniques and styles of cards.  And that’s where my love of CAS (clean and simple) was born.  SCS has a weekly CAS challenge and I started playing along.  Within a few months, I joined the CAS design team at SCS … my very first design team.  So exciting! 


From there, I started my blog, Stamping with Loll.  I began joining in lots of different challenges at SCS and also other card challenges and my style of card making evolved into what it is today.  Earlier this year, I started a card challenge along with my dear friend, Bonnie Klass.  CAS Mix Up is a challenge that celebrates the CAS style, while adding in mixed media elements.  It’s been a lot of fun.


Q: What are your favourite kinds of stamps, and do you have a favourite stamp company?

A: I like to work with mostly nature stamps … flowers, leaves, trees.  I enjoy working with stamps from many different companies, but have to say that Penny Black is my favourite stamp manufacturer.

 

Q: Describe your style, are you a messy kind of stamper or a more ‘clean and simple’ kind of person?

A: I am a Clean and Simple girl.  Over the past couple of years I have added more mixed media techniques and products, but maintain a clean and simple style for the majority of my designs.



Q:What kind of projects do you like creating the most?

A: I mostly make cards, with Christmas cards being one of my favourite types to make.  I usually make about 100 Christmas cards every year, mostly unique designs.  I send out 60 to family and friends, and donate the remaining three dozen to charity.



Q: Apart from stamps, what is the one product you wouldn’t be without when you craft?

A: Aside from stamps and ink, I don’t think I would be able to create as many different designs without my Big Shot.  It is such a versatile tool that I use every day.



We also asked Loll to show us a couple of her favourite stamped creations,  and share why she likes them so much. Here are the gorgeous projects she has chosen:


" This card is an emboss resist card I made using Brusho crystals (I do love working with this colouring medium). I stamped the grid image and heat embossed with white.  I sprinkled with Brushos, spritzed with lots of water and then tilted my panel to let the ink flow.  I set it aside to air dry.  I added a die-cut leaf sprig, which I shaped with a stylus and a few sequins for added sparkle" - Loll





"The second card has a mix of several techniques and products.  I do love adding mixed media products to my CAS designs.  This includes two stencils, a leafy one that is sponged with green on one side of the card, along with script stamping over top in the same green ink for a subtle look.  The other side of the card is a quatrefoil stencil with white embossing paste.  The main focal point is two leaves cut from copper sheeting.  I added a few drops of alcohol inks to give the leaves more colour, but also left a lot of the copper showing" - Loll







Congratulations on being our August Design Winner Loll , and it was lovely to learn a little more about you!



Do YOU fancy having a winners profile all about you on the CS blog? 

The profile is part of the prize package for each Design Winner of our challenges. All you need to do is enter a creation into the challenge, then if you are voted Design Winner everyone will be reading all about you before you know it!



Our current challenge 'Take A Stamp' is open until September 28th, so still lots of time to enter! Don't forget the fabulous prize of Visible Image stamps!

  All the details can be found HERE.



 See you back here next Friday, where we will be sharing a fabulous extra bonus project with you all... September has 5 Fridays so we have a week off from Challenge posts :)

12 comments:

  1. Congratulations to Loll, her work is beautiful, with lovely mixed media touches. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to find out a little more about the wonderful Loll. Congratulations on the fabulous win and your cards are amazing. CAS and mixed media, so creative, such fun and so clever x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Loll! You are definitely an amazing artist and a very kind and generous person!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm lucky enough to know Loll personally and to have the great pleasure of getting together with her several times a year to share ideas and supplies, try out new techniques together, and generally have a great inky time. I've learned so much from her, and love her CAS mixed media style.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am blessed to be one of Loll's dear friends! She is such an inspiration and I'm so happy that she is being profiled here so that others can be inspired as well! Gorgeous, gorgeous cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know Loll through her wonderful blog and she makes the most amazing cards. You couldn't have picked a more creative and special person to profile here. Congratulations Loll! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loll and I met in 2011 while on the same SCS CAS Challenge Design Team and became fast friends because of our love of CAS style cards and much more. I loved reading your profile Loll. You are such a good friend to so many and a huge inspiration to us all.

    Congratulations on your CraftStamper Magazine win my friend. You are so deserving.

    ReplyDelete