Thursday 7 August 2014

Taking It A Little Further With Lydia

By Lydia Brooke Evans

Hi there and Happy Thursday! I hope you are all having a great week so far :) So it's my time of the month to post here on the Craft Stamper Magazine Blog, every first Thursday I'll be sharing a card taking an idea from my article that month.

In the August issue my card was featured in the Distress To Impress article. Now when I first started at Craft Stamper this is the last article I thought I would be doing as my Clean And Simple style just doesn't fit with the beautiful grungy and vintagy that are usually featured but.... after playing round with some Distress Markers and water and found a kind of Distress love that I can pull off :)



I have used the same technique as I did in the magazine of laying down a little Distress Marker colour and then dragging it out with clean water and a paint brush. Both the cute lil bunnies and the sentiment are from the Lawn Fawn set 'Hello Baby' and have been stamped in Archival ink so the ink wouldn't bleed when watercolouring.

If you have created something that was inspired by my article I would totally love to see it! Leave a link to your project in the comments section. I'll pop on over and take a look.

Hugs, Lydia xxx

2 comments: