Tuesday 13 May 2014

Little feathered friends.



It’s that nesting time again and whenever I go out into the garden I can hear little cheeping sounds coming from the nest box up in the cherry tree. Maybe the cherry tree isn’t the most sensible place in the world to have put it but usually there are enough cherry’s to go round. 

Anyway, enough of the RSPB talk, it just so happens that with this months Craft Stamper, the free stamp is a very cute Blue Tit by Crafty Individuals so I thought I’d have a look around and see what other feathered friends are out there. 

Crafty Individuals also have other feathered friends in their collection including this bunch (or should that be flock?) of characters very aptly named “ Quirky Birds”. I love Quirky Bird himself, the expression on his face is priceless.  There are some great sayings to go with them too like ‘do it with attitude’ and ‘strut your stuff’ which really make me smile.


 

I don’t think she’ll mind me mentioning it but our very own Katy Leitch has her own brand spanking new stamp sets out with The ArtisticStamper and as it happens two of the sets feature birds. The sets are called Fly and Lovebirds comprising of beautiful silhouette images, varying sizes of birds and even eggs, make these stamps extremely versatile. I love the birds on a wire, wouldn't that make great home made washi tape?


 As well as stamps I manage to find a couple of stencils by Crafters Workshop, Flying Geese and I had to include Fancy Feathers here,



and this one is by Tando, Bird and Branch


And finally, two sets of super cute stamp sets I just have to mention can be found at Sarah Hurley Designs and are by none other than me (shameful plugging there).


Here's to next time.

Jaine Drake



1 comment: