Tuesday 5 May 2009

Finally! My ArtsyCrafts project finished!

Woo hoo - at last, my ArtsyCrafts cabinet is finished! This is the project I started back in March at the fabulous ArtsyCrafts weekend hosted by Leandra Franich (PaperArtsy) and Linda Brown (LB Crafts) - both very talented ladies and great teachers too. Write up on the event in this month's issue if you want to know more.



It's taken me a while but I've finally completed it. I didn't get as much done as I would have liked over the weekend (I wasn't too well) so I took the opportunity to change things a bit and went with a Love theme in the end. I used a fabulous set of stamps from PaperArtsy - I think the image of the couple smiling at one another is just a gorgeous image. I also had to include moustache man in there - people who attended the event will know why ;-). There was lots of discussion about the presumed morals of said character!

The heart on the top is made using Ten Seconds Studio metal, which was used a lot on the course. Here, I've embossed the heart with a Cuttlebug folder (Textile Texture) and then sanded and inked the raised areas with brown StazOn. The wings are painted Grungeboard with Distress Stickles for a subtle shine.



We made this cute little message in a bottle at the weekend. I added German Scrap wings to mine; not sure why, just seemed to fill the niche better that way!

Finally, a little more metalwork. This time, images (pen nibs from the new PaperArtsy Crowns and Castles) stamped onto metal and then embossed for a 3D look. The background is stamped with a PaperArtsy script stamp (one of my favs, I use it all the time).


I had fun making this and bought another box like it to use for a different project in the future. Here's a view of it opened up to finish off.


I'd really recommend the event if you get the chance :).
Take care,
Katy

24 comments:

  1. Wow, wonderful project. Love all the details.
    Anesha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great Katy - I am going on a ArtsyCrafts class soon ... can't wait :0))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was looking forward to seeing this after you described it. The metal work is stunning and there's so much to look at. It's fab Katy. You must be really pleased with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice project Katy, love the colours and the included items too !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic project and so much detail, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katy this is gorgeous, I could just sit and soak in all those pretty little niches, fab project I bet your well pleased!!! HuGs Kim :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Katy this is lovely, looks like it was a great thing to make, so many different techniques to enjoy!
    I just wanted to say how much I'm enjoying the magazine. I have spent ages looking over and over the recent ones, pouring over the images and discovering new things each time. They're getting more thumbed than my Somerset Studio!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow what a fantastic finished project - love all the elements youve used to create it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, what a project! I like it a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a super project....looks the bees knees.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow !! that's STUNNING !! looking you to attend!
    isax

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brilliant project - love all the metalwork and so much of interest to take in - great job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fab piece of work Katy - love the bottle with wings!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW this is just gorgeous. So wonderful, I love all the little details. Just beautiful. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so beautiful and so much detail.What a lovely keepsake.
    Debbie
    p.s the free stamp in this months mag has been extremely useful
    thankyou x

    ReplyDelete
  16. So much to look at, this is really interesting and would be lovely on my craft room wall.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooooh wow its fab and I love the wings on the bottle, a lovley touch. Would love to see that IRL ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMG This is totally awsome i love it :O)

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a lovely project and full of detail. Stunning x

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW, thank you all for your lovely kind comments. K x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Katy it has turned out absolutely beautiful!! Really glad you enjoyed finishing it off, and love the theme...the metal heart at the top with the grunge looks awesome.

    And thanks for the lovely comments about the weekend too!

    Leandra (PaperArtsy)

    ReplyDelete