Friday 2 January 2009

Happy New Challenge!

It's the new year the February issue of CS is out on sale today, so it's time for a new challenge! YAY!

This challenge relates to Isa Norris' beautiful Vintage Valentine article and is called GET CREATIVE WITH CUTTLEBUG! The challenge is to have a go at Isa's gorgeous 'cuttle-wax' technique or you can use your Cuttlebug in combination with stamping supplies in other ways.

You could win this fab prize - three Cuttlebug folders plus two gorgeous new Crafty Individuals bird stamps (as used in the article) - which has been generously donated by the wonderful folks at The Craft Barn. The Craft Barn website is now fully operational and they are a fabulously well-stocked store so do take a look!

NOW FOR THE WINNER OF THE GLIMMER MIST CHALLENGE - WENDY!
Here's her lovely card http://craftblog.craftybutterfly.co.uk/2008/12/glimmered-iris.html - thank you to everyone who played along. I hope you had fun!

I hope everyone had a happy and relaxing Christmas - I certainly did. Here's to a creative and crafty 2009.

Other content linked from the mag will be posted in the next few days for you.

Katy xxx

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations Wendy - I was so keen to join in with this but was too ill over Christmas to get round to it. Hopefully will be able to join in the next challenge as I do think linking challenges with the mag is a fantastic idea.

    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see the article Katy and hopefully join in with the challenge - just wish the postie would get his finger out with my copy!

    Congratulations to Wendy for winning the last one with a fabulous card
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Wendy, really love the colours you used. I would like to join in with the wax cuttlebug challenge, but I don't know where to get wax paper....does anyone know?
    regards
    Sue Law

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a subscriber to Craft Stamper but have to rely on my mum to forward my copy and she's not very errr reliable to get it in the post ( even though I bought her a subscription too so she wouldn t hog mine !! )Hope I get it in time to enter this challenge !!
    Oh, would like to add I am a customer of the craft barn and have been there a few times both in person and online, fab shop, so happy it re opened :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, my magazine arrived at last :-) This was a real challenge for me as living on such a small island I don't have access to good craft shops. I had to make my own wax paper :-) Anyway, I love the effect this technique has and will definately be using this again.
    You can see my card here
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just spotted this challenge so thought I'd show you my piece, not used the technique Isa used but it is done with the Cuttlebug.

    http://lifegoesondeb.blogspot.com/2009/01/hearts-and-flowers.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have made some ATCs using my Cuttlebug- not the Cuttle-wax, I'm afraid, but using metal. Hope you like it!
    Hazel's metal ATCs

    ReplyDelete